Safari Club International – Northern Alberta Chapter is an organization of avid hunters and outdoors people who are dedicated to promoting responsible use of our natural resources. We care about wildlife, we care about the environment and we care about the society.
We are passionate about hunting and want to share our experiences with others.
Through our parent organization – Safari Club International – we support, promote and present a number of wildlife conservation and humanitarian efforts.
Code of Ethics
Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
- To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems.
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife.
- To comply with all game laws, in the spirit of fair chase, and to influence my companions accordingly.
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers.
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of the Code of Ethics.
- To reflect, in word and behaviour, only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.
In addition to promoting good fellowship among those who love the outdoors, the sport of hunting and sharing hunting experiences and information, the purposes of SCI – Northern Alberta Chapter are as follows:
- To collect, organize and distribute educational information and data regarding the wild animals of the world and hunting opportunities available in the world.
- To receive donations and to disburse same to Safari Club International or other organizations or individuals pursuing the same or similar goals as this organization.
- To affiliate with Safari Club International in Tucson, Arizona, so that all regular members of this organization shall also be regular members of Safari Club International.
- To provide a channel for organized efforts to promote a public understanding and acceptance of sport hunting as an effective tool for wildlife conservation and management.
- To participate and associate with other clubs throughout the world that share common goals, beliefs, and purposes.
- To promote the goals and objectives of SCI Tucson.
Why Should You Join?
- To preserve the heritage of hunting for our future generations.
- To strengthen the voice of sportsmen.
- To increase the awareness and importance of hunting.
- To be informed and updated about issues relating to the outdoors.
- To share hunting experiences and information with other sportsmen.
Ready To Get Involved?
By joining a Safari Club International Chapter, you actively participate in a cause you believe in; protecting hunting and promoting conservation.